Components incapable of controlling current by means of another electrical signal are called passive devices. Resistors, capacitors, inductors, and transformers are all considered passive devices. Technic supplies a selection of Nickel and Tin plating chemistry as well as Post Treatment applications for a wide variety of Passive Component applications.
Techni Nickel S
- Techni Nickel S is a versatile semi bright nickel process that can be formulated either as a sulfate or sulfamate process. The deposit is virtually stress free and highly ductile. The process can be run at a pH 4 to minimize attack of ceramic substrates.
Pure Tin Electroplating
- Ceramistan 1031 is a relatively high pH (3.2 – 4.5 pH) pure tin electroplating process specifically designed for electroplating passive electronic components (capacitors, resistors, varistors, etc.). The fine grained deposits exhibit excellent solderability and meet JEDEC whisker resistance requirements. The unique formulation of the 1031 process minimizes coupling/twinning of the parts during plating. Ceramistan 1031 can be used in either the SBE® or traditional barrel plating equipment.
- Ceramistan DM operates at a pH range of 3.0 – 4.0, and can produce deposits with an alloy range of 100% tin to 60% tin, balance lead. The deposits from the Ceramistan DM process exhibit excellent solderability. The coupling/twinning of parts is significantly reduced because of the unique formulation of the Ceramistan DM process. Ceramistan DM can be used in both traditional barrel and SBE® equipment.
- Technistan EP is a high speed, pure tin whisker resistant plating process based on Technic’s proprietary and patented mixed acid technology. Industry standard for Pb-free plating for more than 10 years
Techni NF JM8000
- Specifically designed for the ultra high, high, and medium speed deposition of matte tin with minimal tin whisker growth properties, Techni NF JM 8000 provides a lead-free deposit from a methane sulfonic acid electrolyte. The process can be also used in on-line reflow applications.
- Tarniban® C48/C50 minimizes deposit discoloration during storage and provides improvements in solderability performance after steam age pre-conditioning. Tarniban® C48/C50 also minimizes corrosion-induced tin whisker growth caused by high temperature/humidity exposure.