55 Maryland Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Engineering Manager - Industrial Automation
Technic, a world leader in surface finishing technology, is seeking an Engineering Manager for our Equipment Division in Pawtucket, RI. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to advancing state-of-the-art technologies for automated surface finishing equipment.
This is a leadership role with responsibility for the conceptual and detail design of custom equipment across multiple engineering disciplines. Systems include automated material handling and chemical process equipment used for surface finishing processes in the semiconductor, medical and industrial markets. This role provides exposure to the full life cycle of a project from concept through fabrication.
Responsibilities includes multi-discipline engineering team leadership, project management and system design authority. Success requires a high level of communication and interpersonal skills to optimize the team’s performance along with technical expertise related to automated equipment.
- Candidate must have a B.S. degree in engineering, M.S. preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience with the design of automated chemical process and/or material handling equipment
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manager or team leader role
- Proficient in 3D modeling using SolidWorks and 2D drafting with AutoCAD
- Demonstrated successful Project Management (PM) experience
- Broad and current knowledge of commercially available components including fluid handling, motion control, process control, SCADA and demonstrated ability to integrate into novel designs
- Familiar with automated batch and continuous systems for electroplating, anodizing, electropolishing, and related surfacing finishing operations
- Ability to interact with sales and customers to support new and ongoing projects
- Available for domestic and international travel as required (5 - 15%)