Technic supplies precious metal and tin/tin alloy electroplating processes for all types of connector plating applications. Our innovative technologies aimed at reducing or replacing gold usage, coupled with enhanced environmental compatibility, are a primary focus in new product development.
Goldeneye Nickel / Goldeneye Nickel II
- Goldeneye Nickel is a low stress/highly corrosion-resistant nickel plating process capable of operation over a wide range of current densities from a proprietary electrolyte. Noted for its superior thickness distribution, improved corrosion-resistance, and lower waste treatment costs, Goldeneye Nickel can be utilized in reel to reel, rack and barrel plating applications.
Techni Gold® 800/900
- Techni Gold® 800/900 are mildly acidic nickel/cobalt brightened gold plating processes designed to minimize gold porosity in electronic connector plating applications. Techni Gold® 800/900 are suitable for use in reel-to-reel and barrel plating applications.
Techni Silver® HCD
- Techni Silver® HCD is a silver plating solution designed for reel to reel, strip and spot plating connector applications, with elevated hardness levels compared to conventional silver. Suitable as a gold replacement when used with lubricant-type post-treatment processes.
- Durasil® silver provides a hard silver deposit for connector applications. Requires a lubricant for wear-resistant applications.
- Pallaspeed® 990 is a chloride-free, low ammonia palladium plating process designed to produce highly ductile, low stress palladium deposits. Suitable for use as an intermediate/barrier layer for high-corrosion resistance applications.
Pallaspeed® Palladium Nickel NFA
- Pallaspeed® Palladium Nickel NFA is a chloride-free, Pd-Ni alloy plating process containing no free ammonia for connector applications. The composition of the alloy can be adjusted from 70-90% palladium by changing the metal content.
Rhodium / Rhodium Alloy Electroplating
Techni White Rhodium
Techni White Rhodium-Ruthenium
Techni White Rhodium-Palladium
- The Techni White Rhodium series of rhodium-based finishes is recommended to provide the ultimate in corrosion protection, particularly for satisfying end user imposed electrolytic sweat test requirements. Techni White Rhodium-Palladium provides the optimum combination of ease of operation and results for the most demanding applications.
Techni NF JM8000
- Specifically designed for the ultra-high, high, and medium speed deposition of matte tin with minimal tin whisker growth properties, Techni NF JM 8000 provides a lead-free deposit from a methane sulfonic acid electrolyte. The process can be also used in on-line reflow applications.
Techni HT 1000
- TechniBrite HT 1000 is a sulfate-based tin electroplating process which produces mirror bright deposits. The process is designed for use in rack and barrel plating applications. The process operates over a wide current density range resulting in increased output and flexibility in production, and is not sensitive to high solution tin concentrations.
Techniseal is a cathodic electrolytic passivation system that provides a transparent nano-scale, protective coating on silver which to improves corrosion resistance and minimizes appearance degradation. Techniseal protects silver from tarnishing during exposure to heat and/or sulfur corrosion testing.
Tarniban® E260 is a post-treatment process which effectively protects tin and tin-alloy deposits from oxidation and discoloration when subjected to thermal conditioning (heating, reflow, etc.)
Tarniban® C48 / C50
Tarniban® C48/C50 minimizes deposit discoloration during storage and provides improvements in solderability performance after steam age pre-conditioning. Tarniban® C48/C50 also minimizes corrosion-induced tin whisker growth caused by high temperature/humidity exposure.
Tarniban® KS II
Tarniban® KS II is an organic thiol post-treatment process which effectively protects silver surfaces from oxidation/tarnishing. It may be used as an immersion only process or applied anodically for increased protection.