Technic Engineered Powders
300 Park East Drive
Woonsocket, RI 02895
R&D Scientist - Polymer Chemist
The R&D Scientist is tasked with developing new silver powder and flake products and modifying existing products to meet customer’s requirements. They are also tasked with developing internal (conductive) formulations to assist with product development.
- Independently plan, direct and conduct research activities that support the design of new flake products or modify existing products to meet customer’s specifications.
- Develop internal (conductive polymer) formulations which can be used to improve and validate product performance.
- Lead the development of silver coated and base metal materials.
- Maintain proper documentation of observations throughout an experiment.
- Analyze and interpret data, write reports and present project updates to the Technical Team, Sales and Marketing Team and the General Manager.
- Scale processes from the lab to production.
- Write manufacturing procedures.
- Manage one or more technicians.
- Analyze and solve customer issues with existing products or processes.
- Collaborate with customers (domestic and international) to understand their technical needs.
- Keep up to date with customers’ technology by attending conferences and reading patents and peer-review literature.
- Engage internal and external suppliers for new raw materials or equipment.
- Act as a resource to the Sales and Marketing, Quality and Manufacturing groups.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment.
- Maintain and operate lab equipment.
- Work in a manufacturing environment, as needed.
- Learn and operate analytical instrumentation, as needed.
- Comply with safety standards, company policies and ISO 9001:2015 quality standards.
This list should not be considered fully inclusive; other duties may be added as the candidate demonstrates an ability to grow the position.
- Background in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or Physical chemistry is preferred. Experience with formulation and process development is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, motivation and initiative.
- Well-developed interpersonal and management skills; ability to function as a part of a design/production team.
- Travel: Domestic and international- 5-10%
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Polymers Science, Material Science or similar. A Ph.D. is preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.