55 Maryland Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Senior Mechanical Engineer
This is a leadership role with responsibility for the conceptual and detailed design of custom equipment. Systems include manual and automated chemical process equipment for batch and continuous surface finishing. This role involves exposure to the full life cycle of a project.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the design of automated electroplating systems or similar type equipment including: structural steel weldments, hoists structures, tanks, and various piping systems as well as possess the ability to professionally interface with Technic customers.
- Candidate must have a B.S. in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with the design of chemical processing equipment
- Proficient in 3D modeling with SolidWorks and 2D drafting with AutoCAD
- Conceptual and detailed mechanical design including revision controlled fabrication drawing packages, component selection and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Collaborate effectively in multi-disciplinary engineering team, and work with production supervisors and vendors
- Functional technical and leadership skills required for custom equipment design and fabrication
- Demonstrated successful Project Management experience
- Ability to interact with sales and customers to support new and ongoing projects
- Available for domestic and international travel as required (˂10%)