Technic Engineered Powders
300 Park East Drive
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Quality Assurance/ Quality Engineering Manager
Job Purpose: Assures consistent production/product quality by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice and systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff. Lead quality engineering function which uses statistical information for continuous quality improvement.
Quality Assurance Job Duties:
- Maximize quality assurance human resource objectives by training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job performance; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by developing strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production parameters; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualifications; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Quality Engineer Job Duties:
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining confidence levels.
- Establish statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develop experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develop sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintain statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
- Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations for improved process control.
- Interact with customer (internal/external) on all corrective action requests.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American Society of Quality Control certified quality engineer qualification.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Candidate must have a BS degree in a technical discipline. An Engineering discipline is preferred; but other acceptable disciplines include chemistry, physics, or mathematics.
- Candidate must have at least five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment – preferably in chemical manufacturing.
- Candidate must be willing to multi-task and assist in production when necessary.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of MiniTab or similar.
- Candidate should be “Black Belt” certified (or similar lean/six-sigma training).